The Ents Committee is a sub-committee of the Association, which means it's an integral arm of the Union's services.
The committee meet weekly before the crew meeting; but each has their specific remits to fulfil to keep Ents running smoothly.
This Page Was Last Updated 5/05/2018
Head of Ents (SSC Entertainments Convener)
Currently: Paul Lancaster (pl59)
- Chairs all meetings, managing the crew and execution of the committee
- Represents the committee and crew outside of meetings
- Liaises with other sub-committees.
- Liaises/mediates with Building Supervisor (Bruce) and DoES.
Entertainments Space Manager
Currently: Lucy Brook (lb260)
- Assumes the roles Convener if they are unable to fulfil their role for any reason.
- In charge of planning Freshers and Refreshers.
Performance Space Manager
Currently: Will Thompson (wht2)
- Assumes the role of ESM if they are unable to fulfil their role for any reason.
- In charge of planning Freshers, Rag Week and On the Rocks.
Currently: Charlotte Magister (lcm4)
- Books DJs for events.
- Trains people who wish to learn to become a DJ.
Currently: Natasha Maurer (nm208) / Tom Groves (tg68)
- Responsible for organising Training
- Ensures H&S documentation is up to date, in conjunction with Phil
- Responsible for operation and maintenance of Entsputer
- Maintains sound and lighting equipment
- Responsible for overall equipment tidiness (outside of events, where EMs are responsible)
- Advises the DoES on equipment hires and looks after them while they are in-house
- Ensures consumable goods stocks are replenished
Currently: Spencer Percival (sp225)
- Takes minutes for User Groups, Committee and Crew meetings; distributes minutes.
- Keeps Ents Schedule up to date.
- Undertakes administrative tasks, such as the creation of Ents Passes.
- Monitors crew email and is responsible for Facebook.
Currently: Polina Sevastyanova (ps224)
- Keeps Ents Happy.
- Plans Social Events.
- Responsible for the end of year Ents video.